Over the years I have made a few different varieties of cashew nut milk. This one is my absolute favourite for mixing into porridge, breakfast cereals or hot chocolates/chai lattes and any other mouth watering beverage. It is a slightly sweeter milk which I love for bringing out the flavour of these these warm treats.
You don't need a nut milk bag for cashews as they break down really well in a blender. However I love to put my milks through the bag to get a really smooth consistency. If you don't have a nut milk bag and want to make the below, simply omit the medjool date.
My below recipe is perfect for a NutriBullet sized blender (I don't own anything bigger!). You can add more water to your mixture at the end depending on your consistency preference.
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1 medjool date
- A pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 cups of water (ideally filtered)
- Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours or over night.
- When the cashews have soaked, rinse them until the water runs clear.
- In a blender, add all your ingredients and 1 cup of your water and blitz for a minute or so. Then add the second cup of water and blitz again.
- Put the nut milk through a nut milk bag and add more water if you desire.
Ta da! Easy peasy nut milk!