These balls are one of my favourite things to make as a snack! Well, to be honest anything that tastes like Nutella gets my vote. And these are DELISH...not to mention SO easy to make and involves ZERO actually cooking.
If you've ever bought a single energy ball in a shop or cafe, you've likely gasped at the cost of one of these teeeeeny tiny things. That's why it's waayyyy more cost effective to make a batch.
I got all most of my bits and bobs in a store where you simply measure loose ingredients and pay for what you're looking to use - so no extra plastic/packaging or need to buy an ENTIRE tub of cacao etc.
- 1 and a half tbsp of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 6 medjool dates (de-stoned!)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp of coconut nectar (or maple syrup/agave)
- Some cacao and desiccated coconut to roll balls in
- Place all the dry ingredients into a food processor (I used my NutriBullet) and blend until nuts are roughly chopped
- Add the dates and the wet ingredients and blend until the mixture is well combined and starts to feel sticky
- Measure the mixture to about the size of a tablespoon and gently roll into a ball
- Roll in topping of choice and place in the fridge to set either overnight or for about 3 hours
- Store in an airtight container and they should last for about 2 week
PRO TIP: Dusting these bad boys with cacao makes them look pretty... but also makes them oh-so-messy, especially if you plan to munch them at your desk. The coconut dusted ones are way better for sharing (if you can part with any) or just not getting your fingers and face covered in chocolate!