As tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday, I wanted to share one of my favourite recipes! These American style, gluten-free pancakes are made using coconut flour and topped off with a delicious blueberry sauce.
Easy to make in about 20 minutes.
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- I tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice – I used some homemade cashew nut milk
- A handful of blueberries
For the sauce:
- 2/3 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Mix together coconut flour and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk the nut butter, eggs, maple syrup and milk together until smooth. Slowly add the wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix together. Drop in some blueberries.
2. Grease a non-stick pan with coconut oil and place over medium low heat (coconut flour is sensitive to burning so medium-low heat is best). Drop about 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan. Flip the pancakes with a spatula after about 2 mins, and continue to flip over every few minutes. Cook until gold brown and the edges are cooked.
3. To make the sauce, place maple syrup and blueberries in saucepan over medium heat. Wait until mixture begins to simmer and boil, and stir every few minutes. Once mixture begins to breakdown and blueberries cook down after about 5 minutes, remove from heat and serve warm over pancakes.
Ta-da! Delicious gluten-free, American style blueberry pancakes!
These taste SO good, I love the blueberry sauce on top as it gives a lovely flavour and moisture to the pancakes.