Bombay potatoes are one of my favourite dishes that my Dad makes when I’m home in Ireland.
I decided to try my hand at a sweet potato version recently. I’m happy to say they tasted delicious!
Nice (healthy) comfort food for this chilly weather.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks.
- 2 portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Fry the onions, garlic and mustard seeds in coconut oil until the onions start to get soft
- Add in the chopped mushrooms, the spices and purée
- Put the chopped sweet potatoes into a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 3 mins.
- Add the sweet potato to the pan, cover with a lid and stir every few minutes for about 10-15 minutes until a fork can easily go through the sweet potatoes